It is such a nice experience for your dog to be able to travel wherever you go. Dogs love to take rides in the car but safety has to always be considered. It is dangerous to have your dog ride untethered not only for you but for other people on the road and for your dog.
Using a seat belt harness for your dog can save you a lot of stress and prevent accidents and injuries. Ensuring your dog’s safety while driving means ensuring the safety of other passengers and other people on the road.
It is easy to secure your fur baby when you have the right tools. There are several different options that can work really well to help you ensure everyone’s safety. We took a look at the different ways you can keep your dog safe and were able to find the:
- best seat belt for dogs
- best dog seat belt harness
- best dog seat belts for cars
Typically the options are broken down based on the size of your dog. Not every option is best for every size breed so we looked at what would be best based on size, so there is something for everyone. No matter how well behaved your dog is in the car they should still be in a seat belt.
Cars can be difficult for a dog to navigate and having them securely strapped in will actually make them feel calmer. Of course if there is an accident you do not want any harm to come to your loyal friend. A seat belt that is made especially to keep your friend safe can really come in handy and help to protect them.
Let’s take a look at what we found and see if any of the finds can work for you and your pet.
Best Seat Belt for Dogs-Large Sized Adjustable
We determined that we liked seat belts for dogs that were adjustable. When we were reviewing the seat belt options we considered that some breeds can be pretty large as puppies and that they only got bigger with time.
We thought that the best seat belt for dogs would have to be something that could grow with the dog so we looked at adjustable options that could accommodate from medium to large size dogs comfortably and that would last.
Petlovers Premium Pet Seatbelt
We liked this model because it was easily adjustable from 14 inches to 25 inches so it could easily grow with your dog.
- It is sturdy. It is made from durable nylon that is stitched well and has metal clips for attaching to the car.
- It does not come with an instruction manual which may cause a little grief for some people.
Overall this is likely one of the best options on the market. It comes with a better than money back warranty and received almost a perfect 5 star rating from users. The fact that it does not come with any instructions does not seem to bother most users because it is pretty easy to figure out.
Best Dog Seat Belt Harness- Small to Medium Size Dogs
Small to medium size dogs do best with harness protection systems because they are small and need a little more security in the car.
ScientistPet Dog Car Seat Safety Belt Dog Collar Leash
This is a great option for anyone that has a small to medium sized dog that they want to keep safe in the car without having to go the route of a carrier.
- This model comes in a full range of sizes from XS to XL so it is sure to offer a perfect fit for most any breed. It is also available in a rainbow of colors. It is constructed of durable nylon that I double stitched for added reinforcement. It is mesh so it is breathable and comfortable.
- We were not able to find any customer reviews because this is a relatively new product.
Overall we like it. It is great for all seasons because it is mesh and we loved that there were so many size options so you could get as close to a custom fit as possible without the expense of a custom fit.
Best Dog Seat Belts for Cars –All Cars, All Dogs
We also looked at some models that were completely versatile. Some models are made for trucks, other are made for cars and others yet are made for both. We looked to find one type of seatbelt for dogs that would work in any environment on any dog.
We found this:
Kurgo Direct to Seatbelt Tether Car Restraint for Dogs
This is a super easy to use product that works with any harness or collar.
- It is inexpensive and works with any vehicle that has a seatbelt system. We loved that it is a really durable option that is built to last a long time. It is very simple to use and is compatible with any car, truck, harness or collar.
- If you have an extra small variety of dog, under 10 pounds this seatbelt tether may be a little heavy for them but it would be ideal for all other weights and sizes.
Overall this is a great choice for anyone that has different sized dogs that does not want to have to worry about switching out seat belts for them.
You can easily attach this seat belt in the car or truck and then just tether which ever dog you are taking with you without having to worry about size or changing anything out.
Your dog is a family member. If you would not allow your children to ride without a seat belt than you should not allow your dog to ride without one either.
They make the car trip much more enjoyable. You will know everyone is safe in the car and you do not have to worry about any distractions.