Are you tired of your dog getting into rooms in your house that you do not want her to be in? Is your dog stealing stuff from the laundry room or messing the downstairs every time you clean it up? If this is what you are dealing with, you are not alone.
Your dog might sneak into your kitchen and feast on a loaf or any other foods before you can get to him. Every dog owner knows just how sneaky these pets can be and almost impossible to keep an eye on every time. This is why you should invest in some of the best dog gates for your home.
The benefits of having a dog gate
Dog gates are essential when you do not want your dog having a free run of the house. There are several benefits to installing dog gates in your home including:
Restrict your dog’s movement
Dogs have the persistent urge to move about and explore raising the risk of knocking over items. Some have fun destroying household items and furnishing.
By installing dog gates in your home, your dog is confined to a specific area of the house while still giving them adequate space to roam. Unlike crating him all day, installing dog gates are a healthier alternative as it does not hinder his exercises.
Adequate air flow in your rooms
In some of your rooms, you will have to shut away your dog by keeping the door shut. Using a dog gate in the doorway, you can keep the door open, facilitating adequate airflow throughout the room. The gate features holes that further facilitates airflow. This is more important when using air conditioning in your home.
Effective against dogs yet easy to take down
Dog gates are simple to set up and snap into place regardless of the size of the doorway. The grat dog gates are also quite easy to unhook to allow the dog through. Given the fact that they are sturdily secure once set up, your dog will not be able to knock it over and barge through.
Built to allow other pets through
If you have smaller pets such as a cat, you can get a dog gate with a small gateway to allow them through. This design allows your cat to freely move about and access other rooms where the dog is not allowed due to mischief
Identifying The Best Dog Gates
The best dog gates to purchase depends on your situation. Keep in mind that there are different types of dog gates. Depending your dog and family, you can easily identify the perfect fit.
There are several factors to consider when choosing the gate to purchase. If you have a large dog, you should consider investing in an extra tall dog gate.
On the other hand, if you have a dog and a cat, you may consider investing in a dog gate with a smaller door to allow your cat through. Other factors to consider include the dimensions of the gate and how kid friendly it is.
Top 10 Dog Gates for you
Carlson Extra Wide Walk through Gate
This dog gate is works well with not large and medium size dogs. Measuring 30” x 29-44” this is without a doubt an essential kit for pet owners. The gate is made of steel making it chew-proof and features a pressure-mounted door closing for safety.
The steel construction also makes the gate durable. This dog gate features a small opening to allow the smaller pets through while restricting the big dog.
- Made of steel for durability and chew-proof
- Small gateway that permits smaller pets while restricting the large ones
- A pressure mounted door closer
- Customizable for expansion
- Small dogs will slide through the rods instead of passing through the tiny door
- The door is stiff to open
PETMAKER Easy Up Free Standing Folding Gate
Measuring 53” x 24”, this dog gate us best suited for small dogs. Among the best features with this gate is the fact that the installation is hassle free. When folded, the gate is quite thin, measuring just 2”. This dog gate is best for the hallway or entryway.
The dark burnish color makes this dog gate suitable to fit anywhere in your house. In addition, the combination of wood and metal makes it an ideal décor. The extra length allows you to restrict more area.
- The perfect combination of wood, metal and the dark burnish color allows the gate to compliment on your decor.
- No installation required
- Fordable for easy storage
- Extra length allows restricting more area
- Its height does not restrict large dogs
- Lightweight compromises on durability
Summer Infant Multi use deco Extra Tall Walk
If you have a medium or small dog, this dog gate measuring 28-48” x 36” is worth considering. The gate comes in two styles, beige, and bronze. The gate is pressure mounted and features a dual locking option an auto-closing.
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable to your doors
- A sturdy structure thanks to the metal structure
- The style and color complement on your decor
- Does not work well with large dogs
- The mounting gear is susceptible to problems
Richell Wood Freestanding Pet Gate
This is one of the best dog gates designed to work with puppies and small size dog. This is a wooden dog gate measuring 26” x 17”. The Autumn Matter finish gives the gate an attractive look and perfectly complements on your décor.
- Uses rubber wood for extra durability
- Adjustable length
- Easy to store and transport
- Works only with small dogs
- Does not hold medium dogs in position
Design Studio walk-thru gate with small pet door
Measuring 30” x 37”, this gate is designed for small breeds. This gate is made of premium quality cherry wood and also includes a steel frame coupled with chew proof features.
- A chew proof steel frame for extra durability
- Easy to instal
- High quality cherry wood accent
- Sturdy built
- Works only with small dogs
- The weak push button does not last long
North States Super Gate Deluxe Décor metal gate
Measuring 32” x 38.3 -78”, this heavy-duty metal gate for small dogs comes with a baby safety feature. With an exclusive bronze finish, this gate ranks high among the greatest dog gates due to the extra high durability a double locking and a swing closing system.
In addition, the single hand opening with an extra safety feature makes the gate quite easy to fit. The premium color complements on your home décor.
- Extra safety features
- A heavy duty metal structure
- A premium color blend for your home decor
- A swing closing system for easy pass through
- Low quality material for the swing system
- No guide for setting up the lower trim
- Hectic customization
Primetime Petz 360 Configurable Pet Gate
The wooden dog gate gives an elegant look thanks to the walnut color combination. Measuring 30” x 72”, this is one of the best dog gates for the house.
With a walk-through designed, passing through is easy. Storing the gate is also relatively easy as the gate is easy to fold besides being lightweight.
- Allows large space for your dog to roam
- A self-standing design that blends in you decor
- High quality wooden elegant design
- Easy to fold and store
- Not the best choice for large dogs
- Missing information about the gate’s durability
Carlson Extra Tall metal expandable Pet Gate
When looking for the best dog gate for all dogs, this is the best option available in the market. Measuring 32” x 26-42” this premium steel gate features a lightweight frame with rubber edges. The use of steel frames makes the gate sturdy and durable.
- Rubber edges discourage scratching
- Durable and chew proof
- High quality steel and a lightweight frame
- Easy to instal, transport and store
- Opening and closing can be tricky
- A flimsy door style
Heavy Duty Easy Open Walk
If you have a medium size dog, this dog gate measuring 30” x 29-35” is pressure-mounted with a simple walk-thru. The steel construction makes the gate durable, scratch and chew proof.
- Extremely durable and chewproof
- Easy customization and fixing
- A pressure mounted opening
- Single hand opening
- Not suitable for large breeds
- Bending results in damage
IRIS Indoor/Outdoor Plastic Pet pen with 4 panels
For your small to medium size dogs, this four-folded gate measuring 24” x 35” comes in 11 different colors and four styles. Made of molded plastic and steel locking system, this dog gate is designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Simple to instal
- Used non-kid rubber feet to secure it and protect the floor
- Featured molded plastic frames and steel locking
- Does not work with large breeds
When you want to restrict your dog to certain areas of your home, nothing does it better than a high quality dog gate.
With numerous styles and types readily available in the market,finding the perfect one that meets all your preferences is quite easy.