Best Pet Cams Reviews and How to Choose the Best for Your Dog 2016
Have you considered getting a pet cam for your dog?
Many pet parents have already decided this is one of the best purchases that they have made. The right camera has so many benefits that it is no wonder that they are being heralded as the new “must have” when it comes to the care of your pet.
Pet cams have become a huge trend among pet owners. Being able to watch your pets while you are at work or away for the day can be a big stress reliever.
As pet parents we all know it is a struggle to leave our furry friends every day. Being able to see what your pet is doing while you are away, not only allows you to feel closer to your pet but also allows you to monitor how they are doing through-out the day. It can make it so much easier to leave home.
Comfort for you is not the only reason you should be considering one of these cameras to help:
- Monitor pet sitters
- Ensure the security of your pet
- Keep an eye on a sick pet
When you are a way from your pet and you have to leave them with a sitter it is important to be able to check on your pet sitter just to make sure that they are visiting your pet, feeding your pet properly and letting your pet out for exercise.
best pet Cams
|Check price on Amazon.com||Plater Smart Clever Dog Camera Wi-Fi Monitor||Our Review|
|Check price on Amazon.com||Digital Pet Collar Cam Camera||Our Review|
|Check price on Amazon.com||Petzi Wi-Fi Pet Camera & Treat Dispenser||Our Review|
|Check price on Amazon.com||Petcube Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera||Our Review|
|Check price on Amazon.com||Wansview 1080P Wi-Fi Wireless Camera System||Our Review|
Even the most trusted pet sitter can slip up in their duties from time to time and having a camera installed will ensure that you can always be aware of what your pet sitter is doing. If there are any issues or something being done that you do not want done you will quickly be able to identify it and call your pet sitter.
Pets are a lot like toddlers, even older pets can get into things they are not supposed to. Pet cameras offer a great planning tool. You will be easily able to identify any thing that needs to be moved or secured to protect your pet from injury based on what they do when they thing no one is looking.
When your pet is not feeling well it can be even more stressful to have to leave them. When you have a pet camera you can check on your pet while you are away to make sure that their condition.
- 1 How Do They Work?
- 2 How Do You Choose the Best Pet Camera for Your Dog?
- 3 Here Are Our Top Pet Cameras and Reviews
- 3.1 Plater Smart Clever Dog Camera Wi-Fi Monitor
- 3.2 Digital Pet Collar Cam Camera DVR Video Recorder Monitor For Dog
- 3.3 Petzi Treat Cam: Wi-Fi Pet Camera & Treat Dispenser
- 3.4 Petcube Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera
- 3.5 Motorola Pet Scout66 Wi-Fi HD Pet Monitoring Camera
- 3.6 Wansview 1080P Wi-Fi Wireless IP Security Camera System
- 3.7 DOGTEK Eyenimal Cat Video Camera with Built-In Night Vision
- 3.8 PetChatz Greet & Treat Videophone
- 3.9 DMZOK 720P Mini Wifi Security Camera, HD Home Surveillance Camera Wireless
- 3.10 Uncle Milton – National Geographic – Pet’s Eye View Camera
- 4 Overall
How Do They Work?
Most all of the pet cams that are on the market right now use a wireless interface, some are motion censored and are only activated when there is motion in the range of the camera. With most all cameras you are able to access the images with your smart phone.
You do not have to be an expert to install these cameras they are easy to set up and easy to use.
How Do You Choose the Best Pet Camera for Your Dog?
The best pet cameras offer so much more than simply a viewing opportunity. There are cameras that allow you to actually interact with your dog. There are cameras that allow you to give your pet a treat, let them hear your voice and even some that you can spray calming scents from.
So which type is going to be ideal for you and your pet?
Choosing the perfect dog camera is a personal choice that relies heavily on how much you want to spend, what you want to be able to do with the camera and where it can be mounted. Most cameras that are made for pet watching are more durable than other “home security” cameras.
If a dog camera gets knocked over it can withstand it. If you are looking for a monitoring system for your dog, you want to be sure that you choose one that is designated for pet use so that you can avoid any mishaps that a typical security type camera was not built to endure.
Of course there are some things that can help you to focus your shopping like:
- Budget- the cost can vary. Typically, the more bells and whistles there are the more you will pay but luckily there are so many different brands out there that finding one to fit into your budget should not be too much of a challenge.
- Personal preference- for some people having the capability to discharge a treat to your dog while you are away being very important to others it is not.
- Camera size, placement capabilities- the size and where you can place the camera also has to be considered when you are thinking about which system is best for you and your dog.
We took a look at the top rated cameras and did our best to give you a large selection to choose from that could easily meet a wide range of needs to help narrow down your options and help you to pick the perfect camera that you will enjoy for years to come.
Here Are Our Top Pet Cameras and Reviews
We compiled a list of what we think are the 10 ten pet cameras. They are not listed in any particular order; they are equally great options. You can use this list of best pet cameras to make your purchase and do so with confidence. We looked at cameras that offered different features and that were at different price points to make shopping easier for you.
Plater Smart Clever Dog Camera Wi-Fi Monitor
This is an easy to install camera that offers some great features like:
- Night vision- it switches to night vision automatically in low light situations
- Two-way audio capabilities- you can hear and talk through the camera to your pet
- Can act as an alarm alert when motion is detected
- Can record to a remote device
This is a well-made option that offers quite a few functions and it also is offered at a great price point! We found this camera to be easy to install and easy to operate.
Digital Pet Collar Cam Camera DVR Video Recorder Monitor For Dog
This is a different type of pet camera. It is a collar that your dog wears which gives you a personal look at where your pet is and what he/she is up to. We liked this system but did not feel like this would be good for long term use. The collar only stays charged for about 1.5 hours before it has to be recharged which means that if you are going to be away from home for longer you will not be able to monitor your dog.
Petzi Treat Cam: Wi-Fi Pet Camera & Treat Dispenser
This is one of our favorite cameras because it offers a great number of features. You can provide a treat from anywhere. This system is easy to set up and easy to use and gives you a real way to interact with your pets. You can:
- See your dog
- Speak to your dog
- Dispense a treat remotely for your dog
- Choose from a wide range of colors
The goal of this camera is to allow you to interact with your dog not just view your dog. This is a really fun way to keep your pet company while you are not home. You can give your attention to your dog no matter where you are. This is easily one of the nicest systems we have come across and other buyers have felt the same way. The only downside of this system is that it is on the costly side.
Petcube Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera
This system is an easy to use system and has some fun features that are available. You can allow access to friends and family, take pictures of your pet and even play remotely. This camera is great for both cats and dogs. For cats it has a laser pointer that offers a great way to play with your cat from wherever you are.
This camera offers a sophisticated “cube” design that can highlight the décor in any room. We liked the features, the style and the usability of this model.
Motorola Pet Scout66 Wi-Fi HD Pet Monitoring Camera
This camera offers some of the features that we really love like:
- Monitoring for in room temperature so you know that your pet is always comfortable.
- Night vision capabilities so you can always keep an eye on your dog no matter what time of the day or night
- Two-way communication with a high quality HD microphone
- Motion triggered recording
This is a great quality pet camera that offers all of the high end features without the high end costs. Motorola is a quality brand that has really put a great deal of effort into the design of this camera and it shows. It is super easy to set up and super easy to use.
Wansview 1080P Wi-Fi Wireless IP Security Camera System
This camera offers easy setup and some great features that will help you have peace of mind when you are away from your dog for the day/night. This camera offers:
- Temperature monitoring
- Humidity monitoring
- Two-way microphone for listening and talking
This system offers excellent compatibility options for a wide range of OS which is nice if you use an Android or Windows type smart phone. We also liked the price on this model and the durable build. This is an excellent mid-range price option.
DOGTEK Eyenimal Cat Video Camera with Built-In Night Vision
This camera is made for small dogs and cats. It is another “wearable” model that can help you to get a pet’s eye view of your pets world. While we do not recommend this for security purposes we do think it would be a lot of fun to get a different view of your pet.
PetChatz Greet & Treat Videophone
This system is a great way to interact with your pet. Your pet can not only hear what you have to say but can see your face but that is not all this camera has to offer:
- Give your pet a treat from wherever you are
- Release a calming scent right from your smart phone or tablet
- Get alerts about sounds or motions in your pet’s area
When you have to leave your pet alone he/she never has to be without you. You can have electronic access all day everyday right from your smart phone, tablet or laptop. We loved this setup and think you will too.
DMZOK 720P Mini Wifi Security Camera, HD Home Surveillance Camera Wireless
This camera is a great inexpensive option so if your budget is tight you can easily afford this option. You do give up some of the features that you find on higher end models but the features that it does offer work great. Features include:
- One-way mic- you can talk through the camera but you cannot hear from the camera
- Push alert when there is motion sensed in the room
- Clear HD video and photos
It is a simple system that serves the purpose. You have to sacrifice some of the bells and whistles but it is a great cost effective option that can easily serve your needs.
Uncle Milton – National Geographic – Pet’s Eye View Camera
This camera is simple and CHEAP. It offers very basic features but it does get the job done which is nice for the price. It clips on your pet’s collar so that you can see what your pet does all day when you are away. It is not an interactive setup but it is a fun device that can help you to get to know your pet better and keep an eye on what they do when you are away.
Pet cameras are a lot of fun but more importantly they can help you to take better care of your pet. One of the biggest rewards of using a pet camera is that you get to know your pet better. Understanding your pet’s habits and how they move about when you are away can help you to customize the way you care for them.
Of course it is also an excellent option if you want to be able to interact with your dog while you are gone. It can help them to build a stronger bond with you by knowing even when you are not there you can still be accessible to them.
These systems can also help you to protect your dog when you cannot be there. Knowing what they are up to will make life easier for you. You will not have to:
- Worry about their care while you are away because you will be able to take a look anytime you want
- Worry that they are lonely when you are gone if you have the right setup you will be able to interact with them
- Worry about the temperature being uncomfortable if you choose a model that can provide the monitoring that you need
Pet cameras are the solution for every pet owner that cannot be at home all day every day with their fur babies. If you love your fur baby and want to be able to provide the best possible care for them in an environment that they can thrive in, you need a pet camera. Interact, chat, check and get to know your dog better with one of the best pet cameras that we have reviewed for you!